Created through the subtle calling for a chocolaty treat.. it was a an experiment so to speak. All is an experiment, there are times you hit the nail on the hammer the first time, well this is one of those times 😄
Simply put, these are some bad boy muffins Cacao + Peanut Butter in one.
Yummy, the perfect solution for a chocolate pick me up.
As always, a delicious Gluten, Diary, Sugar & Oil Free experience.
1 Cup Teff Flour (sub: any GF Flour)
⅛ Cup Psyllium Husk
2 tbsp. Baking Powder
¼ cup Cacao Powder
½ cup Peanut Butter
120ml Coconut Milk
2 cup warm Water
2 tbsp. Coconut oil + 1tsp for greasing
1 ½ cup Dates
Mixing Bowl | Blender (sub: Food Processor) | 1 Loaf Tin (sub: Baking Tin)| | small bowl | Baking Paper | Spoon | Sieve| Tablespoon | Teaspoon
Baking Time: 22 Minutes Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
1. Start by blending de-pitted dates along with 2 cups warm Water. Once they are both well mixed, add ⅛ cup Psyllium Husk, Coconut milk and ½ cup of Peanut Butter to your blender, and blend again ensure there are no date chunks left.
(Start blending on low and gradually increase speed).
2. In your mixing bowl sieve, (1 cup Teff Flour, ¼ cup cacao powder & 2 tbsp. baking powder), add all dry ingredients and combine with the wet ingredients. Now mix until all is well incorporate.
3. You may use a hand mixer to achieve a consistent muffin cake batter. Line muffin cases with coconut oil and transfer to muffin tray.
4. Bake at Gas Mark 4 / 185° for 22 minutes. After 22 minutes check by performing a toothpick test, you may need to add another 3 minutes at your own discretion.
5. Once baked, take out and allow to stand for 10 minutes, then transfer unto cooling rack.
Can be enjoyed warm, (but is much tastier when allowed to cool properly).