A heap load of Plantain equates, to a heap load of recipes 🙂 .
This, amongst all acclaimed cookie recipes, is OFFICIALLY my favourite cookie recipe of all time. (Say what… !!!! Better than Peanut butter?? Yeah, better than, until further notice of course).
Cookies recipe. Recipe cookies 😀
The reason is simple, they are so chewy and delicious, if that combo alone is not enticing enough .
Well wait for it… it is packed with flavour, that sucker punches your taste palate, like “POW” (taste that) … you did not see that coming.
Honestly the accountability can be placed on the featured ingredient… hail Plantain. I shall never glance at you the same, for I know of your potential. To be honest I was, still am amazed by this… in awe!
Note to past plantains: Sorry to all past Plantains, that I had consumed in the ‘standard mundane‘ form. I knew no better, than to boil, bake, fry or steam you, but that has all changed. Better now than never, right 😉
Ready to be amazed …
The wonderful world of Plantain (Plátanos)….
1 Ripe Plantain
⅛ cup Flaxseed Meal
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ cup Dates (12 Dates)
⅛ cup of Water x3 (90ml)
⅓ cup Buckwheat Flour (sub: Any GF Flour)
min 70g Dark Chocolate (preferably diary free)
1 dsp Apricot Kernel Powder
1 Spoon | Blender (or Food Processor) | 1 Baking tray (sub: Oven tray)| Mixing Bowl | small bowl | Baking Paper
Baking Time: 25 minutes Preparation Time: 10 minutes
For this recipe we require 3 Flaxseed Eggs.
Note: The ratio for one Flax Egg is 1 tbsp milled Flax seed to 3 tbsp of Water.)
To prepare for this recipe simply add to a small bowl 3 tbsp. of milled Flaxseed Seeds to 9 tbsp ( +3, I added an extra tablespoon for each egg) of Water and let it set for at least 10 minutes, the longer the better.
Preheat the oven at 175°C (Gas Mark 3), whilst preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Add peeled & sliced Plantain, Dates and prepared Flax Egg to the blender. blend until the entire mixture is well incorporated (it is okay if a few chunks of dates remain, this may also depend on your personal preference).
- In a mixing bowl place all your dry ingredients, excluding the chocolate. Continue by adding your wet ingredients into the bowl, and form into dough.
- Once your sticky dough is achieved incorporate the chocolate by simply breaking them into pieces (or sprinkling them in, if using chocolate chips).
- With a spoon shape & form each one into cookie shape and place unto baking paper lined, baking tray.
- Now simply bake on 175°C (Gas Mark 3) for 15 – 25 minutes (depending on your oven). After 15 minutes to 20 minutes check on your cookies, and using your own discretion add another 5 minutes.
Enjoy, you will not regret it… 😉
What is your description of this recipe??